Be sure to keep an eye open for Lakeview Counseling in the news! We publish our own informative newsletter (linked below) and our therapists and counselors have authored a variety of articles in the Traverse City Record-Eagle and other publications.
Lakeview Beacon, our newsletter
You can read the latest Lakeview Beacon quickly and conveniently by clicking on the links below.
- Winter 2017
- Fall 2016
- Fall 2015
- Spring 2015
- Fall 2014
- Summer 2014
- Winter 2014
- Fall 2013
- Winter 2012
- Fall 2011
- Winter 2011
- Winter 2010
Publications in other media
- Lakeview Counseling was profiled by the Traverse City Business News in its April 2019 issue on Women in Charge.
- Lakeview Counseling’s Carol Murray was interviewed by the Traverse City Record-Eagle in 2009 to discuss ways to cope with seasonal affective disorder (SAD).
- Therapist Laura Slaughter was interviewed by the Traverse City Record-Eagle in 2008 about coping skills for living with a depressed partner.
- Therapist Jill Kimball contributed to a Record-Eagle story in 2008 to discuss how economic woes can lead to emotional stress, as well as to a 2004 Record-Eagle story about taking stock of your accomplishments and failures at the end of the year.
- Therapist Barb Cain contributed an article about developing healthy self-esteem in children to Traverse City Kids, a parent’s guide to Traverse City.
Q&A with Grand Traverse Woman Magazine
Our therapists have conducted several Question and Answer sessions that have appeared in Grand Traverse Woman Magazine.
- Put “play” on your to-do list — Carol Murray; July / August 2007, pg. 5
- Are you losing interest in him? — Carol Murray; May / June 2006
- Twenty-something, Twenty-everything — Laura Slaughter; September / October 2005
- Overcoming shyness — Jill Kimball; March / April 2005
- Emotional abuse — Carol Murray; January / February 2005
- Relationships during the holidays — Jill Kimball; December 2004 / January 2005
- Education — Jill Kimball; August / September 2004
- Making time count with your father — Laura Slaughter; June / July 2004